PLAN MY HOLIDAY:1 800 663 4431
SilverStar Mountain Resort is pleased to announce Fat Biking has been permanently added to the my1Pass list of activities; yet another incredible way to enjoy the snow at SilverStar. Who hasn't wanted to try riding on a bike actually made for riding in the snow!!!
Fat Biking is here to stay! There are more than 15 km of fat bike trails open for riders and a fleet of rental bikes available.
What trails can I bike on?
- CLICK HERE to view our Fat Biking Trail Maps
Rules of the road
- All riders must have a visible & valid pass to ride snow bikes on permitted trails at all times.
- Fat Biking is included with the purchase of a valid alpine, xc cross day ticket and/or season passes. Fat bike only tickets are available at on-mountain ticket outlets and need to be purchased before riding the trails.
- Tires must be 3.75” or wider with a tire pressure less than 10 PSI – no exceptions.
- Helmets are required at all times when riding on the trail
- All riders must stay on designated snow bike trails.
- All riders are to observe & follow Trail Courtesy Signage.
All about fat biking
A fat-bike is a bicycle with over-sized tires, typically 3.75” or wider, on wide rims. The frame of the bicycle has been modified to fit these wider tires and rims. They are designed to ride on soft unstable terrain like snow and sand. They were originally designed to ride/race on the snow in Alaska and for touring in the deserts of New Mexico. The history of fat-bikes begins in the late 1980s when regular bikes were modified to allow racers to compete in the Iditabike (later to become Iditasport) race in Alaska. About the same time bikes were being modified in the Southern US to ride the deserts in New Mexico.
For further information about fat-biking at SilverStar Mountain Resort, please contact the Guest Services Desk at email@example.com or at (250) 558-6019.
Join us every Tuesday and Thursday evening throughout the season for a fun and challenging (at your level!) spin through the trails followed by a relaxing beverage in the SilverStar village.