PLAN MY HOLIDAY:1 800 663 4431
SilverStar Mountain Resort is pleased to announce Fat Biking has been permanently added to the my1Pass list of activities; yet another incredible way to enjoy the snow at SilverStar. Who hasn't wanted to try riding a bike actually made for riding in the snow!!!
Fat Biking is here to stay! There are more than 15 km of fat bike trails open for riders and a fleet of rental bikes available.
What trails can I bike on?
- CLICK HERE to view our Fat Biking Trail Maps
Rules of the road
- All riders must stay on designated fat bike trails and are not permitted on any other trails. Please refer to the trail map and be respectful of other users.
- All riders must have a visible & valid pass to ride fat bikes on permitted trails at all times.
- Fat Biking is included with the purchase of a valid alpine, xc cross day ticket and/or season passes. Fat bike only tickets are available at on-mountain ticket outlets and need to be purchased before riding the trails.
- Tires must be 3.75” or wider with a tire pressure less than 8 PSI – no exceptions.
- Helmets are required at all times when riding on the trail
- In order to protect the trails for all users, Fat Biking is not permitted above zero degrees Celsius. Please check the latest trail conditions before setting out.
- All riders are to observe all signage and practice trail courtesy.
All about fat biking
A fat-bike is a bicycle with over-sized tires, typically 3.75” or wider, on wide rims. The frame of the bicycle has been modified to fit these wider tires and rims. They are designed to ride on soft unstable terrains like snow and sand. They were originally designed to ride/race on the snow in Alaska and for touring in the deserts of New Mexico. The history of fat-bikes begins in the late 1980s when regular bikes were modified to allow racers to compete in the Iditabike (later to become Iditasport) race in Alaska. About the same time bikes were being modified in the Southern US to ride the deserts in New Mexico.
For further information about fat-biking at SilverStar Mountain Resort, please contact the Guest Services Desk at [email protected] or at (250) 558-6019.
Pedal and Pint Fat Bike Rides
Dec 21 - Mar 18, 2017/18
Join us every Sunday afternoon, and Tuesday & Thursday evenings throughout the season for a fun and challenging (at your level!) spin through the trails followed by a relaxing beverage in the SilverStar village.
Details: CLICK HERE