Experience the Okanagan
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
(the “CONTEST RULES”)
- The SilverStar Mountain Resort “Best of the Okanagan” Contest (the “Contest”) starts on October 24, 2018 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and closes on January, 31 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Sponsor and administrator is SilverStar Mountain Resort (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). SilverStar Mountain Resort is located at 123 Shortt Street, Silver Star Mountain, BC Canada V1B 3M1.
- Eligibility: To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada and be 19 years or older at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of SilverStar Mountain Resort, its partners and associates (including any commercial account or fleet account members), its advertising or promotional agencies and their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win a prize. “Immediate family member” means parents, sisters, brothers, children, husband and wife.
A “Contest Entrant” is an eligible person who has entered the Contest as described in Sections 4(a) and (b) herein.
- Contest overview: The Contest is composed of one (1) randomly drawn winner.
- How to enter the contest :
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
a) Manual entry:
To manually enter the Contest, the Contest Entrant must fill in the online entry form during the contest period. The Contest Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the prize draw.
There is a limit of one (1) entry into the Contest per person during the Contest Period.
Any Contest Entrant agrees that he/she assumes payment of their wireless carrier’s standard data plan fees if entering the Contest on a mobile device, or any Internet access fees if entering the Contest from a laptop, tablet or desktop computer. Internet access is available free of charge at most public libraries, universities and Internet cafés.
- The awarding of the prizes:
All dollar amounts contained in these Contest Rules are denominated in Canadian Dollars.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) eligible Contest Entrant who will be randomly selected from a manual or electronic draw. If, for any reason, the Grand Prize remains unselected at the end of the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor may proceed to draw another entry or entries from the remaining eligible entries received, or elect not to award the applicable prize in this part of the Contest. If for any reason a prize is awarded to an ineligible Contest Entrant, the Contest Sponsor may proceed to draw another entry from the remaining eligible entries received, or elect not to award the applicable prize in this part of the Contest. No additional entries can be made for the Grand Prize.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available that could be won within the Contest Period, valued at $7,630, consisting of:
Ski Trip for 2 to SIlverStar Mountain Resort (value of $2010), inclusive of accommodation, rentals and lift tickets.
Bike Trip for 2 to SilverStar Mountain Resort (balue of $450), inclusive of accommodation, rentals and lift tickets
Boat Trip for up to 24 people with Waterway Houseboats (value of $5170), inclusive of Genesis 66 rental
- Ski trip must be used in month of March or first week of April, 2019
- Bike trip must be used during regular summer season operating dates Summer 2019.
- Boat trip must be used during noted summer season dates Summer 2019.
Prize has no cash value, is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Entry Cut-off Dates & Times
Draw Dates & Place
One (1) eligible Contest Entrant will be awarded the Grand Prize Trip Package, valued at $7630
11:59:59 PM PST, Janyary 31, 2019
Friday, February 1, 2019, in Vernon, British Columbia at SilverStar Mountain Resort
Selected Contest Entrant will be informed by email address within one (1) weeks of the Prize draw. Prize must be claimed from the Contest Sponsor before Feb 15, 2019.
Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, the Prize winner must (a) first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without mechanical or other aid; (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of receipt, a standard release (the “Release”), which (among other things): (i) acknowledges and agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.; (ii) confirms understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules; (iii) confirms acceptance of the prize as awarded, and (iv) releases SilverStar Mountain Resort, the Contest Sponsor and any and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, prize providers, administrators, employees, agents, and representatives, (collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of a prize or any portion thereof.
Attempts will be made to contact the selected Contest Entrant by phone or email provided within seven (7) days following the respective draw date to provide instructions on how to claim the prize, including details on the administration of the skill-testing question and the Release, and the selected Contest Entrant must be able to be reached within seven (7) days of the first attempt to make contact with him/her. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to deliver the prize in person to the selected winner in a formal ceremony if desired, provided this is at the selected winner’s convenience. In the event that a selected Contest Entrant cannot be contacted within the specified amount of time described above, is not eligible, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the Release within the specified time, cannot accept the prize for any reason or does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify that selected Contest Entrant, in which case he/she will not receive any prize and shall forfeit all rights to the prize, and the Released Parties or Releasees shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Contest Entrant).
For ski travel prize: Travel must take place in the month of March or first week of April, 2019 or winner will forfeit the prize. Winner must book trip at least 21 days prior to departure. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. All travel to and from the destination is the sole responsibility of the winner and transfer costs will not be reimbursed by Contest Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. The Contract Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize (if applicable), winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event.
- Odds of winning:
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible contest entries received for the draw prior to the cut-off date and time.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason including due to any component of the prize being unavailable or for any circumstances beyond its control. The refusal by a Contest Entrant to accept any prize or part of the prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor and its agents from all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
- Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or any combination thereof, including any damage to a Contest Entrant’s or any other person’s computer and to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this Contest. If, for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) without notice. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor, without notice to Contest Entrants individually.
- This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Contest Rules will not accept the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the end that any provision of the Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server(s).
- By entering the Contest, all Contest Entrants consent to the collection, use and disclosure of their personal information by the Contest Sponsor of the prizes solely for the purpose of running the Contest and the awarding of the prizes, and that such personal information will not be sold or shared with any other third parties unless Contest Entrant consents via entry to share information with SSMR and it’s affiliated partners. All personal information collected will be securely stored on a server in Canada. By entering the Contest, Contest Entrants automatically agree to accept and abide by these Contest Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor with respect to any aspect of this Contest, including without limitation the eligibility of entries, are final and binding on all Contest Entrants in all matters as they relate to this Contest. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]. Contest Entrants agree to release, forever discharge, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties or Releases from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the Contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize.