PLAN MY HOLIDAY:1 800 663 4431
What's New for 2018/19
- New Gondola Launches -- Take a scenic ride and access the upper trails on SilverStar’s 8-Passenger Doppelmayr gondola, opening for its first winter season
- Lookout Cafe Opens for Winter -- Savour a latte or a snack at the Lookout Café located at the Summit of SilverStar while enjoying the vistas of our Winter Wonderland
- In-Room Aveda Spa Products -- Pamper yourself in the comfort of your Silver Star Holidays hotel room with Aveda Spa products
- Adventure Centre Expansion Continues -- Gain an enhanced skiing or riding experience at the our adventure centre for kids with our expanded magic carpet and new training tools
- Touchscreen Check-in for Rentals -- Get on the slopes faster with our new streamlined touch-screen electronic rental check-in process
- New Winch Cat Groomer Added -- Carve on more perfectly groomed runs with the addition of another winch-cat to our fleet that will be creating the ultimate steep terrain on a nightly basis
- Widened Skiway Access -- Take advantage of easier access to the Comet Chair with the new widened ski-way from the village
Old News But Good News
SilverStar has invested in interior upgrades to its Town Hall & Coffee+. The renovation is designed to be multi-purpose, with a new coffee and beverage bar area as well as a revamped area to host large functions whether it be weddings, awards or school groups. Come check it out this winter!
Great news for park lovers with new rails, features, and a new mini-terrain park with a sectioned off area for beginners.
AND LOADS MORE...
- NEW Aveda Concept Spa - Elevate at SilverStar
- Alpine Run Updates
- Re-profiled the top of Cloud 9, and widened the finish area of the race run
- Clearing on Three Wise Men
- Nordic Trail Updates:
- New Gold Mountain Connector connecting Pinacles Trail to Gold Mountain
- Brewer's Pond Base made the official Nordic Trailhead
- Grooming Fleet Updates:
- Two New PistenBully 400 Groomers have been purchased growing SilverStar’s grooming fleet and keeping a focus on maintaining its world class corduroy.
- New rubber tracks for PB.5 for better early season Nordic grooming
- New grooming attachments for Nordic grooming track setter
- New XC snowmobile assigment added to improve daytime touch-up XC grooming
- Snow Reporting:
- New LASER snow measuring system
- New POW Cam feed for New Snow shots
- Infrastructure Updates:
- New backup power generator for SilverStar Village businesses
- 60% consturcution of Gondola, top station, and all foundations completed
- Renovations to Town Hall, Coffee+, The Den, and admin/day lodge building stairways
- Kids & Family Activities:
- New 14 passenger Paradise Express passenger cabin on a 'newer' PB 400 Groomer.
- Two new Arctic Cat Z120 mini snowmobiles
NEW DOPPELMAYR GONDOLA
SilverStar Mountain Resort is excited to announce the major investment of a new Doppelmayr gondola from the SilverStar Village to the Summit. This project will see the replacement of the existing Summit fixed grip double chair, which has been loading guests since 1970. The new high-speed detachable gondola cabins each provide seating for eight (8) and the provision of ski and board racks are provided outside, on door-mounted racks to maximize the comfort of the guests' ride.
Awards and Accolades
- Multiple award-winner in Ski Canada magazine's annual Best of Category: "Best Family Resort," "Best Grooming," "Best Terrain Park," "Best Sun," and "Best News for Tree Skiers."
- Voted the #5 cross-country ski resort in North America by USA Today's 10 Best. SilverStar and Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre were jointly nominated by three former US Olympians.
- Voted the Best Ski Resort in the Okanagan region for the fourth consecutive year, SilverStar was also voted the Best Family Resort, Best Tourist Attraction and Best Place for an Adrenaline Rush in the North Okanagan! Check out our other awards here.
- Awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence based on the number of positive reviews. Check out our TripAdvisor page here.
SilverStar Mountain Resort Master Plan Community Feedback
SilverStar has submitted a Draft Resort Master Plan to the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) for review and approval. The plan details the proposed phased development concepts for continued all seasons resort purposes, including:
- a five-phase mountain and base area development plan
- addition of three new ski terrain pods
- approximately 2,000 additional bed units in the existing village base area, and at the West Knoll residential area
- new & expanded winter/year-round attractions
- no change to the Controlled Recreation Area
The plan is available for review online: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/farming-natural-resources-and-industry/natural-resource-use/all-seasons-resorts/silverstar_lowres_masterplan_july_4th_2017.pdf