PLAN MY HOLIDAY:1 800 663 4431
The big news for the 2016-17 winter season is: A new Magic Carpet has been added for Tube Town as well as the addition of more tubing lanes and a new snow cat has been added to the fleet, a Pisten Bully Park Pro, specifically for shaping terrain park features.
- Work done on Cloud 9 Race Center
- Nordic grooming of Pinnacles summer road for Nordic to replace Cross Mountain trail that gets closed for safety when the large jumps open in the Terrain Park
- New tiller and Nordic specific combing on Piston Bully Groomer
- Brewer's Pond Base, mini day lodge complete with Guest Service, Ticketing and Rentals - XC, snowshoes and skates
- Renovated Tube Town Café & Bar
- The addition of a new black diamond run, Hurtzwinkle's Delight, on the back side; bringing the total number of runs to 132.
Awards and Accolades
- Multiple award-winner in Ski Canada magazine's annual Best of Category: "Best Family Resort," "Best Grooming," "Best Terrain Park," "Best Sun," and "Best News for Tree Skiers."
- Voted the #5 cross-country ski resort in North America by USA Today's 10 Best. SilverStar and Sovereign Lake Nordic Centre were jointly nominated by three former US Olympians.
- Voted the Best Ski Resort in the Okanagan region for the fourth consecutive year, SilverStar was also voted the Best Family Resort, Best Tourist Attraction and Best Place for an Adrenaline Rush in the North Okanagan! Check out our other awards here.
- Awarded a TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence based on the number of positive reviews. Check out our TripAdvisor page here.
SilverStar Mountain Resort Master Plan Community Feedback
SilverStar has submitted a Draft Resort Master Plan to the Ministry of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations (FLNRO) for review and approval. The plan details the proposed phased development concepts for continued all seasons resort purposes, including:
- a five-phase mountain and base area development plan
- addition of three new ski terrain pods
- approximately 2,000 additional bed units in the existing village base area, and at the West Knoll residential area
- new & expanded winter/year-round attractions
- no change to the Controlled Recreation Area
The plan is available for review online: http://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/industry/construction-industry/resort-development/proposed-approved-resort-master-plans/list-of-proposed-plans
Recent Media Releases
- SilverStar Bike Park named #2 Riders Choice in Western Canada for the 3rd year running
- SilverStar wins local, national and international ski awards
- SilverStar's Emergency Services Day Fundraiser raises $15,000 for Vernon Jubilee Hospital Foundation
- SilverStar opens 2015-16 winter season early with bonus weekend Nov. 21 & 22: Three chairlifts, 25 runs and 50% off lift tickets
- SilverStar Whistler Blackcomb Partnership Announced