•Can I tube, ice skate, fat bike, snowshoe, and XC ski with my POW Pass?
Yes, but you will be redeeming a full day of alpine skiing at the same time. If you do not ski that day, you will be paying more than you should for that single activity.
•Does my POWPass get mailed to me?
No. Cards will not be mailed and can only be picked up, in person, at SilverStar Mountain Resort at the main village Season Pass Office.
• Can I buy a POWPass as a GIFT for someone else?
Sure! You can purchase POWPass cards as gifts for your friends and family, however, the person(s) you are giving
it to must also be a resident of Canada or WA and show valid photo ID when picking up the card. Also, when
completing the purchase information online, you must provide the full contact details for the person for whom
you are purchasing the card. Their ID must match the name and address listed at the time of purchase. The PowPass
is non-refundable and non-transferrable so please make sure that the recipient of your gift has not
purchased/will not purchase one for themselves.
• What happens if I purchase the PowPass as a gift and the recipient of the gift decides to ride additional days?
When the POWPass holder decides to use their POWPass on additional days they will need to visit the ticket office and provide payment for additional days. As the Gift Giver, you will not be charged for the cost of additional days.
• What happens if I buy a 5-day POWPass and I want to ride a 6th and more?
Visit the ticket office each visit to add additional days at 10% off.
• How many day tickets can I redeem at once?
The exceptionally exciting news this season is that once you have picked up your POWPass there is no need for
you to “redeem” tickets as you can go direct to the lift with your pass and it is scanned like a Season Pass.
• Can I lend my POWPass card to a friend?
No. Cards should only be used by the registered cardholder.
• Can I night ski with my PowPass?
No, sadly PowPass is not valid for night skiing.
• What happens if I lose my POWPass card?
Once a card has been collected from the Pass Office, it becomes the cardholder’s responsibility to keep it safe.
SilverStar Ski Resort Ltd. is not responsible for lost or stolen cards. We can issue you with a replacement Pass at a
cost of $25
• What happens if I don't use all of the days on the card?
Every POWPass expires at the end of the 2016-17 winter season. Any unused ticket(s) remaining on the card
expire at that time (April 9, 2017) and cannot be exchanged for cash or credit, please bear this in mind as you
make your purchase.
• What do I need to show to collect my student pass?
You will need to show your Co-op or Apprenticeship documentation if applicable.
- A copy of your current course curriculum/registration showing dates and times for classes with your name &
student ID printed on it.
- Your tuition statement showing full or partial payment of your course fees with your student number on it.
- Valid government picture ID such as; driver’s license, passport or B.C. ID.
*This does not include your minimal registration fee and must show a significant payment toward your registered course fee tuition.
For more information on the POWPass please contact our Ticket Office at 250-558-6023.
** Please note that the POWPass is only available for residents and students of Canada and Washington State. A valid Canadian or WA address is required in order to purchase a POWPass. Passes are limited to 1x POWPass per person.
** Cards must be pre-purchased online 48hrs in advance and can be picked up at SilverStar Mountain Resort’s Ticket Office. A valid piece of photo ID and/or student photo ID (if applicable) must be presented and must match the name assigned to the card at the time of purchase and for each ticket redemption and/or subsequent ticket purchase.