It is now easier to fly with your bike. If you have a bike travel bag or box up your bike you can take it with you on your flight. Here is some information from both Air Canada and WestJet on their bike policies. Kelowna airport is only an hour from SilverStar Bike Park. If you have any questions, contact our SilverStar Holidays team at 1.800.663.4431 or by email at [email protected]
NOTE: Please visit your airline's website for the most up-to-date and accurate information about transporting your bike. Information provided below is for reference only and may change without notice.
From Air Canada's Website
- Bicycles are accepted on a space available basis only and should be pre-registered at time of booking.
- Each bicycle counts as one piece of baggage towards the maximum number of checked bags allowed by your fare type.
- No oversize charge applies to bicycles.
- Bicycles are subject to a $50 CAD/USD handling charge (plus applicable taxes) for carriage on Air Canada and Air Canada Express (operated by Jazz only).
- The handling charge applies to one-way flights and for each way of travel on round-trip and multi-segment flights.
- A single fixed handling charge is waived for Latitude and Executive fare customers for travel within Canada, and between Canada and the US. Additional checked baggage rules still apply.
- If your baggage count (bicycle + number of bags to be checked) exceeds the maximum number of items allowed by your fare type, additional checked baggage charges will apply, in addition to the fixed handling charge.
The bicycle must be placed - with handlebars fixed sideways and pedals removed - in a rigid and/or hard shell container specifically designed for shipping or (when transporting collapsible bicycles) in a bicycle suitcase. If not packaged in a container, Air Canada will provide a plastic bicycle bag and will accept the item with a signed limited release.
From WestJet's Website
- Each guest is permitted to bring one bicycle and one helmet, but oversize and overweight baggage fees will be charged per bike per direction.
- You must provide a box or bike bag and pack the bicycle by turning the handlebars, partially deflating the tires and removing the pedals.
- Any bicycle containing hydraulic fluid or mineral must be packed to prevent leakage.
*** Please contact the airline you are flying on for complete details ***