Bartenders are beverage service attendants who mix and pour alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for guests. Depending on the situation the bartenders may serve the drinks they make, or they may give them to a food and beverage server, who serves them to the customer. The work can be very fast-paced, especially during the high season.
Top four reasons to work as a Bartender at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Practice responsible alcohol service
- Maintain/control inventory of bar stock and supplies
- Provide customer service
- Prepare beverages using proper bartending techniques
- Prepares common drinks, may also prepare drinks suggested by the patron
- Clean and maintain bar area and wash glassware
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must be legal drinking age (19 years of age in B.C)
- Must have previous bartending experience
- Customer service skills are required
- Cash handling experience
- Ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations
- Product knowledge
- Courses in bartending are an asset
- Serving It Right is required
- Safe food handling is required where applicable
- First aid is an asset
- National Occupational Certification as a Bartender is an asset
Per week range between 20-40 F/T – hours range from 10am to 1am
Winter and Summer Seasonal Role
Possible Future Career Path:
- Head Bartender
- Food and Beverage Service Supervisor
- Beverage Services Manager
- Assistant Manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers