Townhall Café and Tube town - Cafeteria & Cafe Manager
The Townhall Manager organize’s daily operations of both venues and motivates staff to provide excellent customer service. The Manager responsibilities include scheduling shifts for baristas and staff, monitoring daily expenses and revenues and ordering supplies like coffee, milk and snacks, as needed. To be successful in this role you should have work experience with various roles in coffee shops and fast food industry . Also, you should be available to work during opening hours, including weekends and holidays. Ultimately, you will help increase profitability, boost customer engagement and turn our cafes into a favorite spot.
Top four reasons to work as a Manager at SilverStar:
- Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
- Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
- Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
- Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Manage day-to-day operations of the cafe
- Direct and manage staff and Supervisors alike
- Train employees on drinks preparation and proper use of coffee equipment
- Coordinate with vendors and order supplies, as needed (like takeaway cups, coffee, milk and other ingredients)
- Maintain updated records of daily, weekly and monthly revenues and expenses
- Add new menu items based on seasonality and customers’ preferences (for example vegan coffee drinks)
- Assist in determining the appropriate staffing levels, following Wage to Revenue obligations and set staffing schedule for multi venues.
- Advise staff on the best ways to resolve issues with clients and deliver excellent customer service
- Monitor Food Service staff to ensure that they are following established safety and sanitary regulations and procedures in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitizations of venues at all times according to established standards
- Ensure all cafe areas are clean and tidy
- Nurture friendly relationships with customers to increase loyalty and boost our reputation
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Work experience as a Manager in the food and beverage industry
- Hands-on experience with professional coffee machines
- Good math skills
- Availability to work within opening hours (including weekends and holidays)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to manage and motivate a team
- Customer service attitude
- Serving it right and Food safe Certs
- High school diploma
- Additional certification (e.g. in Business Administration or Hospitality) is a plus
- Computer skills ( excel and outlook )
Per week range between 30-40 F/T and must be flexible, overtime when required
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers