A café server prepares, heats and finishes simple food items. These simple food items are served to customers at the café counter. Café servers are employed in food and beverage establishments where servers are not used or the dining experience in more casual, buffet or fast food in style.
Top four reasons to work as a Café Server at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment here
- Stock inventory
- Take orders from patrons
- Prepare and serve foods like sandwiches, wraps, bagels, sweet treats, croissants etc...
- Help serve hot and cold drinks, including alcoholic drinks.
- Basic plate and portion preparation; both dine-in and take-out
- Serve customers at counter or buffet style setting
- Handle cash and cash count in till
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Secondary school education is usually required
- Good communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Cash handling skills
- Serving it Right
- Foodsafe Level 1
Per week range between 20-40 hours and must be flexible
Depending on the establishment operations hours can range from 9am till 10pm
Possible Future Career Path:
- Team Lead
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers