We are seeking a pastry chef to work directly with our head pastry chef in executing pastry items for our café and dessert items for catered events. Knowledge of bread-making, fine pastry, cake making and individual dessert plating is a must. The ideal candidate is team oriented, a motivator and teacher, energetic and has a passion for the world of pastries.
Top four reasons to work as a Pastry Chef at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Ensure that all Pastry products are consistently prepared at the highest quality standard.
- Prepare and measure ingredients for dishes using spec sheets
- All machines and equipment must be kept in good repair.
- All Pastry personnel have to be familiar with the handling and cleaning procedures of the respective Pastry equipment.
- Make sure that the kitchen is clean and organized at all times
- Ensure that best food practices and kitchen hygiene protocols are adhered to
- Learn and employ the standards set by the company
- Maintain a “clean as you go” work ethic
- Follow Head Chef instructions and report directly to him
- Maintain the highest level of hygiene and cleanliness
- Assist in receiving and storage of ingredients including the proper storage and rotation of ingredients
- Ensure all food products are stored properly including proper labeling and rotation of all food ingredients in the coolers, freezers and dry storage
- Regular cleaning of all areas of the kitchen, on a daily and weekly basis
- Make sure that recipes are followed properly during food preparation and cooking time
- Handle portion control requirements and presentation standards
- Arrange food items aesthetically on serving plates
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have good knowledge of international Pastries
- Must have a good command of the English language
- Must have a complete education as a Pastry Chef
- Must have basic school education
- Food Safe Certification required
- Ability to endure abundant effort in transport equipment and wares
- Previous experience in a supervisory role is an asset
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
Per week range between 20-40 F/T – Overtime as required
Winter and Summer role
Possible Future Career Path:
- Executive Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hospitality Director
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers