We are looking to hire a highly skilled Sushi Chef to prepare sushi dishes in accordance with food health and safety regulations and restaurant standards. The Sushi Chef’s responsibilities include preparing traditional Japanese sushi rice, chopping, slicing, and filleting various kinds of fish, and placing orders for supplies as needed. You should also be able to customize customers’ orders according to preferences and food allergy considerations.
To be successful as a Sushi Chef, you should ensure that all ingredients used in dishes are of the highest quality. Ultimately, an exceptional Sushi Chef should work well under pressure and maintain restaurant standards during busy periods.
Top four reasons to work as a Sushi Chef at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
Sushi Chef Responsibilities:
- Expertly cutting, slicing, and filleting different types of fish.
- Inspecting the quality of fruits, vegetables, and fish used to prepare sushi dishes and informing the Executive Chef when quality is sub-standard.
- Preparing various types of sushi dishes according to established guidelines on quality, portion size, presentation, and food safety.
- Maintaining a clean work environment in order to prevent food contamination.
- Regularly taking inventory of food supplies and other products.
- Reporting any problems with kitchen equipment to the manager on duty.
- Sterilizing all utensils, instruments, and equipment used in sushi preparation before every use.
- Communicating with wait staff to ensure that special requests and food allergy considerations are met.
Sushi Chef Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Proven experience working in sushi restaurants.
- Valid food handler's license.
- Sound knowledge of food safety regulations.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Excellent time-management skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Per week range between 20-40 F/T – Overtime as required
Possible Future Career Path:
- Head Chef
- Executive Chef
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Hospitality Director
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers