Often a guest's first impression of a property is the result of the Front Desk Agent's skills and abilities. Front desk agents provide many guest services, working in the lobby or reception areas of our hotels and other accommodation facilities. The position is challenging, varied and offers the opportunity to work flexible hours and meet many new people.
Top three reasons to work as a Front Desk Agent at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Assist other departments as required
- Offer referral for services and handle requests for information
- Handle and store luggage
- Assist with the check-in and check-out of groups and tours
- Ensure all arrivals handled by the Front Desk Team are processed quickly and efficiently
- Ensure that all calls/emails are followed up within 48 hours.
- Ensure that the standards of SSH are upheld at all times.
- First point of contact for most guests arriving to the mountain. As such, provides a welcoming and friendly first impression.
- Meet and exceed the needs of our customers through the efficient and smooth operation of the front desk.
- Ensure all guest requests are handled quickly and efficiently
- Develop a “one stop shop” concierge for customers as team knowledge increases and confidence grows. Referring customers to Snowsports and guest services to improve the customer experience.
- Attend any SSM sponsored community events.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A secondary school diploma is required
- Post-secondary training in tourism or hotel management is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
- Professional attitude
- Good organizational skills
- Previous experience in customer service is an asset
- Ability to use a variety of computer applications
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Administrative skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to speak a second language is an asset
- Working knowledge of the facility, services and local area
Per week range between 25-40 F/T
Depending on the establishment operations hours can range from 6am till 11pm
Night Audit shifts may also be required on a rotating basis
Winter and summer roles
Possible Future Career Path:
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Front Desk Leader
- Front Office Manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers