The Hotel Night Auditor will be responsible for conducting a nightly audit, balancing and consolidating departmental ledger accounts, preparation of various hotel operating reports. Hotel Night Auditors are required to work from 11pm to 7am on the front desk. They will make room reservations, provide information and services to guests and receive payment for services as well as specific night duties including the entering of accounting information and hotel security. In addition to their regular work duties, the Night Auditor must provide consistently high levels of customer service, ensuring that all hotel patrons enjoy their stay, and act as a spokesperson for the hotel at all times.
Top three reasons to work as a Cash Office Clerk at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Maintain an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Compile and check daily record sheets, guest accounts, receipts and vouchers using computerized or manual systems
- Daily data entry and reconciliations
- Hotel security including driving to locations to perform checks and issue noise complaint notices
- Post all daily room and outstanding charges.
- Balance all revenue totals of cash and credits against revenue report.
- Take over from the evening front desk agent shift, checking and accepting float and takings.
- Accept and lock away keys from various departments.
- Prepare hotel operating reports and complete audit package to laid-down standards.
- Correct any errors or omissions made by front desk agents.
- Prepare Credit Card/Charge Card summaries.
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Perform light janitorial duties.
- Be the representative for SSH during your shift. Uphold and maintain our level of operational and guest standards.
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and registration by email, by telephone and in person, provide information about services available in the community and respond to guests' complaints
- Present statements of charges to departing guests and receive payment.
- Attend and SSM sponsored events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High School Diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent
- Completion of a two-year apprenticeship program, or a college program in front desk operations or hotel management preferred
- Guest service trade certification is preferred
- 2 years of experience as a Hotel Night Auditor
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality industry principles, methods, practices, and technique
- Strong working knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret the needs of clients and offer the appropriate options, solutions, and resolutions required
- Exceptional conflict resolution, negotiation, and objection handling skills
- Able to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office and hotel software packages
- MUST have BC driver’s license in good standing
Per week range between 20-40 F/T
Overtime as required
Possible Future Career Path:
- Front Office Manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers