Housekeeping room attendants provide for the comfort of guests in our hotels, and lodges by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented. A housekeeping room attendant promotes a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests.
Top three reasons to work as a Housekeeping Room Attendant at SilverStar:
- Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
- Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
- Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment here
- Stock and sort supplies
- Vacuum, clean, dust and polish guest rooms
- Make beds, change sheets, remove and replace used towels and toiletries
- Perform rotation cleaning duties (e.g. steam clean carpets) as required
- Inform the supervisor or manager to any maintenance issues found in guest rooms or common areas
- Inform the supervisor or manager if there are any missing items from guest rooms
- Deliver and retrieve items on loan to guests e.g. iron and ironing boards
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Return any found lost property to the front desk for return to guests
- Attend SSMR volunteer functions within the community
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Ability to follow instruction
- Professional attitude is required
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent time management skills
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Must be able to multi-task
- Good organizational skills
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset – will train
Type & Duration
Per week range between 32-40 F/T. Hours range from 8:30am to 5pm
Winter and Summer Seasonal
Possible Future Career Path
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping Team Lead
- Housekeeping Manager
- Property Management
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers