The role of the Housekeeping supervisor is to ensure the efficient and effective overall running of the housekeeping department. They are to assist the housekeeping staff and provide training where applicable and ensure the comfort of guests in our hotels, and lodges by ensuring that guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented. The supervisor must promote a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests.
Top five reasons to work as a Housekeeping Supervisor at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here: https://www.skisilverstar.com/mountain-info/health-and-safety/
4. Benefits: Bonus Opportunity
5. Networking: Building friendships that will last a lifetime
- Assist in the hiring and training of housekeeping staff
- Supervise housekeeping and laundry staff while they are performing their duties
- Set up all supply and laundry rooms and maintain stock level
- Ensure all common areas are hazard free and cleaned regularly
- Have a clear understanding of all unit types in the building and understand all amenities
- Ensure they have a sound understanding of operating instructions for amenities in all guest rooms Eg: Fireplace, windows, heater etc
- Basic understanding of front desk duties and how the hotel operates
- Conduct daily morning meetings with housekeeping staff and organize staff daily duties
- Have a clear understanding of the hotel reservation system
- Provide assistance to front desk staff and Hotel Manager where required
- File all daily paperwork in an orderly fashion for easy retrieval when needed
- Inform manager to any maintenance issues found in guest rooms or common areas
- Inform manager if there are any missing items from guest rooms
- Check all guests rooms and ready for arrival
- Ensure security of guest rooms and privacy of guests
- Take any found lost property to the front desk to be returned to guests
- Attend SSMR volunteer functions within the community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ensure they can provide accurate information of the mountain and village layout issues
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in supervisory role
- Have a clear understanding of all health and safety
- Physical mobility and stamina required
- Professional attitude is required
- Excellent time management skills
- Previous customer service experience may be required
- Good communication skills are an asset
- Good organizational skills
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) is an asset
Per week range between 32-40 F/T and 16-32 P/T and must be flexible
Possible Future Career Path:
- Housekeeping Manager
- Property Management
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers