Lift operators are responsible for the safe and efficient operation of mountain chair lifts, and the customers that use them. They spend their days helping customers, of all skill levels, load and unload from lifts, in all kinds of weather. As a result, enjoyment of the outdoors is a must! The job of a lift operator is critical to the success of any ski operation because much of the customer’s time is spent with them.
Top three reasons to work as a Lift Operator at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar. 4 x 10 hour shifts and 3 days off each week
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your role at SilverStar Mountain Resort
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
4. Environment: working outdoors on Canada’s leading Lift Operations Team
5. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
- To operate the assigned lift safely and efficiently while providing guests of Silver Star Mountain Resort with courteous and friendly service
- To fulfill all obligations as a member of the lift team
- To achieve and maintain the highest standards; requires dedication to the team in a very challenging environment
- Inspection and safe operation of chairlifts
- Loading and unloading public
- Excellent ongoing guest service
- Must be able to assist picking up fallen skiers
- Shovel snow to ensure ease of access to safely load and unload lifts
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Should desire an outdoor position that requires manual labor
- Minimum age of 19yr is mandatory
- Previous Lift Operations or related field (hard manual labor in an alpine environment) preferred
- Must be an intermediate or above skier/rider
- Must be fluent in English, and enunciate clearly due to high guest involvement and radio use
- Must complete the required training and pass a written test
- Must possess exceptional employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature
- Must be mature, energetic and dependable
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment while remaining calm under pressure
- Must be in good physical condition and well groomed
Per week range between 30-40 F/T
Operation hours can range from 7am till 10:15pm
May work alone
Possible Future Career Path:
- Lift Operations Supervisor
- Lift Maintenance
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers