Lift Ticket Checkers are responsible for ensuring all guests have valid lift tickets and are scanned prior to loading the lift. They are also responsible for ensuring the lifts are loaded in an orderly fashion. They spend their days helping customers in all kinds of weather. As a result, enjoyment of the outdoors is a must! The job of a ticket checker is critical to the easy of loading the lifts because much of the customer’s time is spent with them.
Top five reasons to work as a Lift Ticket Attendant at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar. 4 x 10 hour shifts and 3 days off each week
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your role at SilverStar Mountain Resort
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
4. Environment: working outdoors on Canada’s leading Lift Operations Team
5. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
- To ensure all guests tickets are scanned prior to loading of the lift
- Ensure the lifts are loaded in an orderly fashion
- To fulfill all obligations as a member of the ticket checking team
- To achieve and maintain the highest standards; requires dedication to the team in a very challenging environment
- Set up ski line maze and keep it organized through the day
- Maintain a safe environment
- Actively contribute to the development and success of yourself and your fellow workers
- Enhance the customers’ experience
- To provide guests of Silver Star Mountain Resort with courteous and friendly service
- Provide guests with knowledge of Silver Star Mountain Resort
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum age of 16yrs is mandatory
- Must be mature energetic and dependable
- Customer service experience and asset
- Must possess exceptional employee and public relation skills and be of a naturally friendly and cooperative nature
- Must be mature, energetic and dependable
- Must be able to reason and react with quick thoughtful judgment while remaining calm under pressure
- Must be in good physical condition and well groomed
- Must have successfully completed Silver Star Mountain Resorts ticket checker training program
- Must have equipment/able to ride green runs
- Ability to work in an outdoor environment for long periods of time, even in adverse weather conditions
Per week range between 20-40 F/T
Operation hours can range from 8am till 8pm
Possible Future Career Path:
- Lift Operator
- Lift Supervisor
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers