The Janitor Team Lead is responsible for the Janitorial team. The team is responsible for a variety of cleaning duties throughout the resort and assists the guests with any other services they require. Work can be very fast-paced, especially during the high season, and the custodians are often the eyes and ears of the resort, as they are constantly moving around it, and often notice issues that need attending to.
Top five reasons to work as a Janitor Team Lead at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
5. Benefits: Bonus Opportunity
- Cleans and maintains building facilities
- Performs the necessary room set-ups for scheduled meetings
- Sweeps, mops, scrubs, and vacuums floors using cleaning solutions, tools, and equipment
- Cleans or polishes walls, ceilings, windows, and building fixtures
- Cleans walkways, parking lots, and steps daily
- Dusts furniture, walls, and other equipment
- Gathers and empties trash
- Cleans bathrooms
- Notifies manager of need to order materials/supplies, need for major repairs, or additions to building operating systems
- Applies wax or sealers to wood or concrete floors when applicable
- Inform supervisor or manager to any maintenance issues within the village
- Respond to any urgent cleaning reports
- Attend SSMR volunteer functions within the community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Hard working, capable of physical labour
- Experience in a supervisory / team leader role is an asset
- 2 years cleaning experience
- Be self-motivated, outgoing and enthusiastic
- WHMIS an asset
- Criminal Record Check
- Enjoy working on your feet and moving around for your entire shift
- Enjoy helping and guiding people in their travels
Per week range between 32-40 F/T
Operation hours can range from 6am till 12am
Possible Future Career Path:
- Custodian Manager
- Property Management
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers