Laundry team lead is responsible for sorting, washing, and drying of linen and stocking housekeeping rooms with supplies. This position has varying shifts and may require work in the early mornings and also late evening. The laundry team lead assists the housekeeping manager with inventory and ordering, training of new staff, and ensuring that the laundry rooms are operating efficiently. A laundry team lead promotes a positive image of the property to guests, and must be pleasant, friendly and able to address problems or special requests.
Top five reasons to work as a Laundry Team Lead at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
4. Benefits: Bonus Opportunity
5. Networking: Building friendships that will last a lifetime
- Maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and appearance.
- Sort, wash, dry, fold laundry to hotel standards
- Stock room attendant storage rooms to hotel standards
- Assist housekeeping with cleaning of rooms as needed
- Assist in the training of new staff Stain treat linens as needed to prolong their life
- Inform the supervisor or manager to any maintenance issues found in guest rooms or common area
- Conduct necessary routine maintenance within the laundry room
- Ensure that all necessary paperwork is completed and filed
- Answer enquiries regarding hotel services and respond to guests' complaints
- Ensure hotel security is upheld when entering any rooms and ensuring guest safety policies are withheld at all times.
- Wash guest laundry as needed
- Attend SSMR volunteer functions within the community
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with guests and colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to work with a team and individually including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- A valid BC driver’s license in good standing is an asset (drivers abstract required)
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date)
Per week range between 32-40 F/T. Overtime as required
Possible Future Career Path:
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- Housekeeping Manager
- Property Management
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers