Silver Star Mountains Luxury Aveda spa focuses on creating a completely relaxing, positive and rewarding experience that is aimed to please and promote an over-all sense of well-being and balance for our guests. It is the Job of the RMT to administer professional remedial and therapeutic massage and other learned modalities and body care treatments offered by the spa in an expert manner. They must possess exceptional communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary, to effectively provide wellness and beauty solutions to meet the needs of our guests. Additional responsibilities include maintaining high standards of hygiene and presentation of the entire spa. Further, the RMT shall be responsible for understanding and achieving Silver Star Mountain goals and personal goals as well as promoting all treatments and monthly specials on offer by the spa.
Top five reasons to work as a Registered Massage Therapist at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your remuneration package with commission structure.
3. Atmosphere: calm and serene working environment.
4. Benefits: Incredible discounts on Aveda products and services.
5. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Participate in monthly team meetings and Aveda workshops provided by the spa
- Take every effort in understanding SilverStar Mountain's goals.
- Endeavour to achieve both spa goals and personal service/retail goals.
- Inform all clients about monthly specials including treatments, products or events.
- Ensure no client is left behind the reception desk.
- Ensure all clients are greeted and attended to promptly.
- Schedule each client's next appointment before they leave the spa.
- Obtain and maintain detailed records of each client's treatment.
- Accurately complete all client evaluations; obtain client signature where applicable.
- Appropriately file all client records at the end of each shift; they must not be left at the reception desk.
- Obtain record and file detailed reports of any incident regarding clients.
- Perform Remedial, Therapeutic, sports, pregnancy, hot stone and relaxation massage and learn to provide other body wraps and scrubs offered by the spa
- Attend to all client interests, particularly when consulting with new clients.
- Maintain Aveda Protocols and opening and closing treatment rituals
- Set room ambience including soft music, dim lighting, lit candles and clean linen.
- Conduct follow-up calls or emails with clients 1-2 business days following any Massage treatment
- Clean all work areas following use.
- Assist in keeping the spa clean, hygienic and presentable.
- Participate in doing laundry; folding linens; washing dishware; returning magazines to the magazine rack; cleaning equipment, product containers and trolleys.
- Restock treatment rooms, towel warmers and pedicure and manicure stations throughout the day and prior to finishing shifts.
- Check all rooms before the end of any shift to ensure towel cabbies are wiped down and turned off, candles are extinguished, and the room is tidy and clean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a Registered Massage therapist in the Province of British Columbia.
- Secondary School Diploma required.
- Ability to stand, crouch and hold body in various positions for extended periods of time.
- Strong knowledge of proper working ergonomics and practice regular self-care techniques
- 2-5 years' experience considered an asset.
- Arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to any scheduled shift.
- Proper attire and high grooming standards required.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Previous Aveda experience an asset
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong communication skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
Per week range between 20-40 F/T
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers