A Repair Technician is responsible for tuning and repairing customer equipment and the rental fleet. They must maintain their work area in a manner that is efficient, organized and safe. They play a key role in ensuring an exceptional guest experience through professionalism, efficiency and know-how.
Top three reasons to work as a Repair Technician at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Deliver extraordinary customer experiences through direct interaction, sales and service
- Diagnose and recommend appropriate equipment service needs
- Service and repair all equipment according to established guidelines
- Complete necessary documentation and paperwork neatly and accurately
- Comply with all Company, store and area policies and procedures
- Adhere to safety procedures regarding use of tools and equipment
- Keep work area organized and clean
- Train customer on equipment care and use
- Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Previous repair shop experience in a ski/bike resort an asset
- Must be mechanically inclined and familiar with basic tools of the trade
- Must have exceptional customer service and sales skills
- Personal interest in skiing, snowboarding, biking and the outdoors
- Working knowledge of industry products and trends
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations is required
Flexible work schedule with per week range between 20-40 F/T
Operations hours can range from 8am till 8pm
Possible Future Career Path:
- Repair Team Lead
- Repair Manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers