Reservations Sales Agents are front line professionals who facilitate the promotion, sales and booking for on mountain accommodation.
Top four reasons to work as a Reservation Sales Agent at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Benefits: perks through a commission based structure.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- All correspondence, statistics, reports, airline reservations, activity reservations and general clerical duties fall under the responsibility of the reservations agent
- Use selling techniques to promote packages, insurance, etc
- Handle customer complaints or concerns
- Counsel clients on terms and conditions of travel e.g. cancellation policies
- Book reservations and send out confirmation notices
- Process payments and refunds
- Incoming customer inquires via phone, fax and email, providing general information about aspects of the Resort to potential customers
- Making accurate hotel, snowsports school and activity bookings for people wanting to stay on-mountain by asking questions and matching guest needs & expectations to the appropriate accommodation
- Match the guest to the most appropriate snowsports lessons and/or packages
- Provide travel information, itineraries and prices
- Process the reservations for prize winners that are donated to charities by the resort
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A secondary school diploma is preferred
- Previous travel agent experience preferred
- Courses in computers, languages and communications are an asset
- Excellent telephone manner and etiquette are required
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Previous experience in marketing and sales is an asset
- Ability to do thorough research
- Organizational skills
- Previous cash handling experience
- Time management skills are an asset
- Knowledge of a second language is an asset
Per week range between 25-40 F/T
Operation hours can range from 8am till 7pm
Winter and Summer Seasonal Role
Possible Future Career Path:
- Reservation Sales Supervisor
- Call Centre Manager
- Wholesale reservations agent
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers