The restaurant manager ensures that the restaurant operates efficiently and profitably while maintaining Silver Star Ski Resorts mission and values. The manager is responsible for the business performance of their restaurant, as well as maintaining high standards of food, service, team moral and health & safety.
The restaurant management combines strategic planning and day-to-day management activities, such as shift pattern organization.
Top four reasons to work as a Restaurant Manager at SilverStar:
- Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
- Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
- Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
- Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Taking responsibility for the business performance of the restaurant.
- Analyzing and planning restaurant sales levels and profitability.
- Organizing marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes.
- Preparing reports at the end of the shift/week, including staff control (wage to revenue reports), food control and sales.
- Creating and executing plans for department sales, profit and staff development.
- Setting budgets and/or agreeing them with senior management.
- Ensuring restaurant performance meets or exceeds annual goals
- Planning for necessary capital upgrades by completing the appropriate project management templates for consideration.
- Assist in planning and coordinating menus.
- Collaborate with other restaurant managers and executive chef to ensure menu and events fit into the resort scheme.
- Coordinating the entire operation of the restaurant during scheduled shifts.
- Managing staff and providing them with feedback.
- Responding to customer complaints.
- Ensuring that all employees adhere to the company's uniform standards.
- Meeting and greeting customers and organizing table reservations.
- Advising customers on menu and wine choice.
- Recruiting, training and motivating staff.
- Organizing and supervising the shifts of kitchen, waiting and cleaning staff.
- Maintaining high standards of quality control, hygiene, and health & safety.
- Checking stock levels and ordering supplies.
- Completing monthly inventory counts and as needed.
- Preparing cash drawers and providing petty cash as required.
- Helping in any area of the restaurant when circumstances dictate.
- Ensuring food and liquor policies are being followed at all times.
- Use resources to full capacity to utilizing cost effective measures.
- Build sustainable relationships with guests, team members, and vendors.
- Stay current with work required skills as well as management, financial services, and customer service trends.
- Be an active participant in department meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design, projects and processes for all outlets.
- Commitment to team building.
- Will be required to assist other outlets as needed and guide supervisors of other outlets.
- Responsible for Resort Banquet execution.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A degree in business administration, commerce or tourism is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a busy restaurant with liquor license required.
- Understanding of BC Liquor Laws required.
- Understanding of food safe procedures.
- Valid drivers license and good driving record required.
- Ability to understand and carry out industry specific written and oral direction.
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of vendor relations including quotation and ordering process.
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment.
- Sound leadership, staff management, and teambuilding skills.
- Provide leadership and support for supervisors to enable them to properly manage their team members in order to drive results and achieve top performance.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- High degree of resourcefulness, flexibility, and adaptability.
- Strong customer service and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures.
- Professional appearance.
Per week range between 30-40 F/T and must be flexible, overtime when required
Possible Future Career Path:
- General Manager
- Hospitality Director
- Food Service Manager
- Dining Room Manager
- Food Production Manager
- Catering Manager
- Owner / Operator
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers