We are currently seeking knowledgeable and passionate candidates with experience in custom boot fitting and sales of ski and snowboard equipment. In this role you will be responsible for the successful sale of all hardgoods, including skis, snowboards, boots, bindings etc. As a member of the retail team you will provide a high level of service through superior product knowledge and customer service. If you are fun, outgoing and customer oriented, this just may be the role for you.
Top three reasons to work as a Retail Bootfitter at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Generate sales through personalized service and strong product knowledge
- All aspects of custom bootfitting: Foot analysis, shell fit, creating custom footbeds, cuff alignment, shell and liner modifications
- Answer all questions, providing detailed information, and establishing trust with the customer to close of sale
- Present and explain product according to customer's specific needs along with promoting purchase of related products
- Stock inventory and create captive displays through visual merchandising
- Recommend products and clothing applicable to the customers query
- Provide resort information to the customers
- Maintain cleanliness of the shop and proper storage of all items
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A minimum of 1 year experience with custom boot fitting for Alpine (both Skis and Snowboards)
- Hardgoods Expert; knowledgeable about all ski and snowboard equipment
- Experience with Foot and Lower Limb Anatomy and Physiology and Biomechanics an asset
- Professional attitude and confident self-presentation
- Previous customer service experience in a sales environment
- Cash handling experience is an asset
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
Per week range between 20-40 F/T and must be flexible
Operation hours can range from 8am till 8pm
Possible Future Career Path:
- Retail manager
- Rental manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers