SilverStar’s Mission Statement:
"Deliver memorable experiences, enhance people’s lives and have fun doing it"
SilverStar SnowSports School is currently accepting applications for Full-Time and Part-Time Instructors for the Winter season. Our team thrive on working in the outdoors, love the mountains and are passionate about what they do. We are looking for applicants who share our passion, want to share this with our guests and make friends that will last a lifetime.
SilverStar offers competitive wages, including a commission based incentive program and offers a renowned instructor training program that is second to none. The mountain is a great place to work for the season. The terrain provides a fantastic riding/skiing experience whether you are teaching or enjoying your days off. SilverStar certainly offers small friendly village charm but a big mountain experience!
- Located in the heart of British Columbia’s Okanagan Valley
- SilverStar is the third largest ski resort in BC and voted “The Best in the Okanagan” for the past five seasons
- SilverStar SnowSports School is a renowned Centre of Excellence and offers a variety of teaching opportunities
- A lucrative Private Lesson commission system
- Instructor Referral Program for our Retail and Repair stores: Evolve and Double Diamond, as well as a number of our Food & Beverage outlets
- Ski-In/Ski-Out Staff Housing available in our centrally located buildings in the main village
- Staff Housing options available off the hill, located in selected locations in Vernon
- Free daily Staff Bus providing staff with the ability to get to and from work if living in town, as well as grocery trips for those living at SilverStar
- Exceptional on-snow training sessions with experienced CSIA, CASI and CANSI Trainers, developing you to be ‘the best you can be’
- Generous “Family and Friends” discounts on accommodation and lift tickets at SilverStar and other POWDR Mountain Resorts
- Staff Discounts at SilverStar owned Food & Beverage, Rental, and Retail outlets
- Staff Trips and discounted lift tickets at a number of Western Canadian Resorts
- Teach programs offered in the Adult Centre, Kids Adventure Centre, local School Group Program and Specialty Programs
- Provide instruction to clients in both group and private lessons
- Have a knowledge of all our SnowSports programs, prices and lesson times, to enable you to assist guests
- Teach night lessons when necessary on Friday or Saturday evenings
- Assist in the monitoring and operation of all SnowSports School activities to ensure safety for all users of the resort's facilities
- Assist in coordination of special events on the mountain
- Assist in other departments such as the Rental Shop
- Lead recreational, athletic, fitness and sport activities when required in other departments
- Assist in mountain operations to ensure safety, emergency or first aid assistance when required in other departments
- To be familiar with all SnowSports programs, prices and lesson times, in order to be a source of information to our guests
- To attend all mandatory training sessions
- Communicate with our guests, both verbally and in writing when required
Qualifications & Skills
- Instructors who are CSIA (Canadian Ski Instructors’ Alliance), CASI (Canadian Association of Snowboard Instructors) or CANSI (Canadian Association of Nordic Ski Instructors) certified or have equivalent certifications that are recognized to allow applicants to teach in Canada.
- A minimum one year's previous teaching or coaching experience
- Minimum CSIA, CASI or CANSI Level 1 Certification
- Especially interested in higher certified CSIA and CASI Level 3 and Level 4 Instructors
- Freestyle Certified Coaches to help deliver and develop Freestyle Programs
- Race Certified Coaches to help deliver our Race Programs
- Dual or multi-disciplined instructors to work a variety of programs
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The willingness to work with all ages
- Team players who can also work independently
- Required to provide a satisfactory criminal record check certificate upon arrival at SilverStar (valid within six months of your start date)
Type & Duration
Seasonal – End of November, 2021 to Beginning of April, 2022
Hourly Teaching Wage: $15.65 to $50.00 depending on certification and experience.
SilverStar offers competitive wages with a commission based incentive program, a renowned certification training program that is second to none. SnowSports instructors with additional relevant certification and/or experience are eligible for a higher rate of pay. This rate of pay will be calculated after review of the instructor certification, and additional relevant experience. This is subject to validation of official documents in support of these items
- An instructor with a minimum of CSIA or CASI (or foreign equivalent) will earn a minimum of the entry wage of $15.65, with higher certified instructors earning up to $50.00 per hour depending on certification, experience and teaching assignment
- SnowSports instructors with additional relevant certification and/or experience are eligible for a higher rate of pay subject to validation of official documents in support of these items
- A lucrative Private Lesson incentive program
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers