SilverStar Mountain Resort Ltd. operates a full range of resort activities for the guest, but is primarily a downhill ski area. The Grooming Department is responsible to ensure the best quality snow surface available to the public, thus creating a safe, enjoyable surface on all Alpine, Cross Country and Play areas. The operation of snow grooming equipment during the day or night for the Grooming Department, Lift Operations, Lift Maintenance and Patrol.
Top three reasons to work as a Snow Groomer at SilverStar:
- Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule that works for both the employee and SilverStar.
- Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
- Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic, we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Perform and keep accurate records of daily maintenance and checks on machines
- Report all potential maintenance issues and machinery problems to both Grooming and Maintenance Shop Supervisors
- Operate grooming equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform all assigned tasks set for that shift both on and off the machinery. Manual labor is involved on a regular basis
- Ski or board on Alpine runs and evaluate conditions an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The Grooming Equipment Operator must be mechanically inclined
- Must be physically fit, energetic and a self assured individual
- The operator must be able to work well within a team
- Must be able to work independently when required
- The operator must be comfortable operating equipment in all weather conditions, keeping in mind that this is a mountain atmosphere, and that extreme weather is encountered on a regular basis.
- The operator must be capable of accepting and following directions to perform tasks efficiently and safely
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers