Sous-chefs are an integral part of the food and beverage facilities at any ski hill. These active employees plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities, as well as oversee staff and assist with inventories and inventory controls. This position is often considered an entry level management position.
Top four reasons to work as a Sous Chef at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar, allowing you lots of time to get out and enjoy ski/boarding/biking/hiking etc.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime, with both employees and guests.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development. Work in a fast-paced, friendly environment.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Lead and direct all aspects of kitchen production
- Staff and schedule
- Strategize to promote food & beverage outlets
- Assist in developing, implementing & recommending specials as well menu improvements
- Train & motivate kitchen team members
- Portion control
- Meal presentation
- Maintain high standards of cooking and systems
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High school diploma
- Often Red Seal papers are required
- Minimum 1 year progressive experience in commercial food preparation
- Proficient with health and safety rules and regulations
- Experience in food cost control
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Able to work flexible hours
- Foodsafe Level 1
Flexible hours per week range between 35-40 F/T – range from 730am to 10pm
Winter and Summer Seasonal role
Possible Future Career Path:
- Executive Sous-Chef
- Executive Chef
- Owner of Restaurant
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers