SilverStar’s Luxury Aveda spa focuses on creating a completely relaxing, positive and rewarding experience that is aimed to please and promote an over-all sense of well-being and balance for our guests. It is the Job of the Esthetician to administer professional skin, nail and body care treatments in an expert manner.
Top five reasons to work as an Esthetician at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your remuneration package with commission structure.
3. Atmosphere: calm and serene working environment.
4. Benefits: Incredible discounts on Aveda products and services.
5. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment here
- Inform all guests about monthly specials including treatments, products or events
- Ensure all guests are greeted and attended to promptly, and are comfortable and well taken care of at all times.
- Obtain and maintain detailed records of each guest’s treatment by taking treatment notes and adding them to their Mind body profile, accurately complete all guest’s evaluations.
- Appropriately file all client records at the end of each treatment
- Offer each client opportunities to purchase home-care products following their treatment by offering finishing touch of either complexion, eye-brow or lip color
- Conduct follow-up calls or emails with clients 1-2 business days following any facial treatment
- Participate in monthly team meetings and Aveda workshops provided by the spa.
- Endeavour to achieve both spa’s goals and personal service/retail goals.
- Learn protocols for and Perform expertly and professionally all treatments offered by the spa including relaxation massage, Aveda facials, scrubs, pedicures, manicures, waxing and tinting
- Set room ambience including soft music, dim lighting, lit candles, clean linen, hot towels in cabbies for treatments and for experience plates and turn bed heaters on
- Assist in keeping the spa clean, hygienic and presentable.
- Participate in doing laundry; folding linens; washing dishware; returning magazines to the magazine rack; cutting wax strips; cleaning equipment, product containers and trolleys.
- Restock treatment rooms, towel warmers and pedicure and manicure stations throughout the day and prior to finishing shifts.
- Disinfect and sterilize all equipment and tools according to proper spa protocols after each client.
- Check all rooms before the end of any shift to ensure wax pots are free of wax, towel warmers are turned off, dried out with cabbie doors left open and check that candles are extinguished, and the room is left tidy and clean.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Esthetics Certification required.
- Training in Swedish relaxation massage required
- 2-5 years' experience considered an asset.
- Arrive fifteen (15) minutes prior to any scheduled shift.
- Proper attire and high grooming standards required.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Previous cash handling experience an asset
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong communication skills
- Professional appearance and attitude
24-40 Hours per week for a full-time position
Overtime as required
Seasonal – both Winter and Summer
Possible Future Career Path:
- Spa Supervisor
- Spa Manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers