Silver Stars Mountains Luxury Aveda spa focuses on creating a completely relaxing, positive and rewarding experience that is aimed to please and promote an over-all sense of well-being and balance for our guests. It is the Job of the Receptionist to receive guests into the spa in a prompt, professional yet warm manner. They must learn to properly check in, book and check out guests following spa protocols. They also must possess exceptional communication skills and be able to learn the product and service knowledge necessary, to effectively provide answers to meet the needs of our guests. Additional responsibilities include maintaining high standards of hygiene and presentation of the entire spa. Further, the Receptionist shall be responsible for understanding and achieving Silver Star Mountain goals and personal goals as well as promoting all treatments and monthly specials offered by the spa.
Top five reasons to work as a Spa Receptionist at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Atmosphere: calm and serene working environment.
4. Benefits: Incredible discounts on Aveda products and services.
5. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link
- Ability to work as team player and avoid any negativity in the work place
- Participate in monthly team meetings and Aveda workshops lead by the spa
- Take every effort in understanding SilverStar Mountain's goals.
- Endeavour to achieve both spa goals and personal service/retail goals.
- Greet guests warmly and follow the spa’s protocols for preparing guests to receive their treatments.
- Offer Aveda tea and have them fill out proper intake forms
- Inform all clients about monthly specials including treatments, products or events.
- Ensure no client is left behind the reception desk.
- Ensure all clients are greeted and attended to promptly.
- Schedule each client's next appointment before they leave the spa.
- Answer Telephone and emails promptly and in a professional manner
- Appropriately file all client records at the end of each shift; they must not be left on the reception desk.
- Obtain record and file detailed reports of any incident regarding staff and clients.
- Ensure that our guests are comfortable and well taken care of at all times
- Ensure all clients are made aware of treatments offered at SilverStar Mountain.
- Set retail and waiting area ambience to include soft music, properly dimmed lighting, lit candles, clean rolled towels in restroom area
- Send confirmation emails to all guests the night before treatments
- Check and return telephone and email messages in a timely manner
- Help with laundering, folding and re stocking linens
- Check in and checkout guests before and after their treatments
- Offer each client opportunities to purchase home-care products following their treatment.
- Follow all spa’s opening and closing duties as required
- Ensure all areas of the spa are clean and free from dust and debris
- Assist in keeping the spa clean, hygienic and presentable.
- Participate in doing laundry; folding linens; washing dishware; returning magazines to the magazine rack; cleaning equipment, product containers and trolleys.
- Check all rooms before the end of day to ensure towel warmers are dried and turned off, candles are extinguished coffee, tea and water carafes are all drained and cleaned properly and the spa is left tidy and clean.
- Ensure washroom area is clean, stocked and sink is wiped down at all times
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Arrive fifteen (30) minutes prior to spa opening.
- Ability to work at a standing reception a must
- Proper attire and high grooming standards required.
- Must have exceptional customer service skills
- Must be approachable, dependable and a strong team player
- Previous cash handling and reception experience a must
- Must have an outgoing, friendly personality
- Strong communication skills
- Must possess Strong computer skills including email, word and excel
- Previous experience in a spa like setting preferred
- Professional appearance and attitude
Per week range between 24-40 F/T
Overtime as required
Possible Future Career Path:
- Spa Practitioner
- Spa supervisor
- Spa manager
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers