The Staff Accountant is responsible for the accurate and timely recording of the daily operational transactions for Silver Star Ski Resort and Silver Star Holidays.
Top three reasons to work as a Staff Accountant at SilverStar:
- Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
- Growth: the opportunity to expand your role within the Accounts Department
- Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Record daily transactions from all Point of Sales systems
- Prepare and send out accounts receivable invoices
- Weekly bank reconciliations
- Monthly GST/PST/NRT filing
- Reconcile and process annual NR4 filings
- Supervise cash office
- Reconcile and process owners statements
- Process travel agent commissions and submit for payment
- Reconcile balance sheet accounts as required
- Ensure strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its business partners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and working towards CPA designation
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to accurately calculate, post, correct, and manage accounting figures and financial records.
- Must possess a high level of moral judgment for handling confidential information and monetary transactions.
- Experience in gathering data, compiling the proper information, and preparing financial reports.
- Able to perform complex account reconciliations.
- Basic knowledge of accounting systems, budgets, and internal controls.
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills.
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with other departments, key business partners, and government agencies.
Year Round Full time
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers