It's true. Working at SilverStar is all about experiencing our amazing mountain lifestyle; enjoying the outdoors, meeting new people, going new places and trying new things.
Skiing and snowboarding are only two activities you'll want to enjoy while you are here - have you ever snowshoed through a forest of Christmas trees, or taken a ride in a Groomer as it moves across the mountain, or jumped on a horse-drawn sleigh to a cozy little cabin for dinner? Maybe you just want to get on a snowmobile and race across the mountain trails. There's so much to try and so many places to explore - if you love being outside, you'll love SilverStar.
Working at SilverStar Work and Play
So, along with your regular pay we provide a variety of free activities, employee discounts and cool incentives to help make your winter here one you won't forget.
The list is long but some of what people love about working at SilverStar includes:
- Free Season Pass - Alpine Skiing & Snowboarding, Cross Country Skiing, Snow Tubing, Ice Skating, Snowshoeing are all included in your season pass. Coming for summer? Your season pass will include the bike chair & scenic chair lift access.
- Free Snowsport School Lessons - Last season SilverStar staff were allowed to join Snowsports School group lessons free of charge. Private lessons were also offered at 50% off. We hope to bring this back this season as well.
- Restaurant & Retails Discounts - Nothing is full price for our staff at SilverStar owned restaurants and retail outlets. Show your staff pass and get discounts on everything. We also have special staff sales early in the season to help you get outfitted for riding.
- Rental Discounts - If you want to try something new but don't want to buy a full kit, staff rentals are a cheap way to try some of the interesting winter activities at SilverStar.
- Ski Trips to other Resorts - Think you're missing out on what other hills offer? Never fear! Last season we organized multiple trips to resorts like Revelstoke, Big White, Apex and others to let you play on different terrain and see new places. The cost? Lift tickets were free of charge, and we just asked for a small contribution to pay for the bus.
And so much more... We'll teach you how to play hockey (or even just how to skate) at free clinics so you can be ready to play in our outdoor ice-hockey league. Need an indoor option? We have the first ski-in/ski-out 10-pin bowling alley. From drinks nights, to special dinners and breakfasts served to you by our management team, we'll do our best to keep a smile on your face, and leave cash in your wallet.