It is the Night Supervisors main responsibility to provide Safety and Security to all of our residents, in addition to their guests during the evening visiting hours. Completing lock down of the buildings, along with cleaning duties.
Top four reasons to work as a staff housing night supervisor at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Networking: working closely with all Departments and building friendships that will last a lifetime.
3. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
4. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Perform nightly scheduled and unscheduled patrols, lock-downs of your allocated building, ensuring security and safety of our residents.
- Emergency response can include Fire Alarms & First Aid
- Monitor OHS in the building, and report any issues to the Staff Housing Manager
- Report concerns or complaints to the Staff Housing Manager, try and resolve where possible
- Access Control – Monitoring access points of the building, enforcing sign in procedures
- Uphold safety standards of the building - Access point checks, snow shoveling, snow shovel logs, regular walkthroughs of building and fire exits to identify and remove fire hazards.
- The Night Supervisor is responsible for cleaning the communal areas
- Follow and complete a checklist of shift duties – Complete any Incident reports
- Provide access to the store for residents purchases
- Communication with Security regarding after hours issues.
- Liaise with Mountain Security, Fire Department and RCMP as required.
- Liaise with Building Maintenance via email regarding evening maintenance issues.
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of residents and their guests and adhere to all related corporate policies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum 1 year in a supervisory role required
- Basic Security Training an asset
- Ability to work alone & be productive – self motivated
- Superior communication skills; knowledge of conflict resolution and group dynamics an asset
- Must be mature, patient, professional with good boundaries, Consistent in enforcing rules in a calm manor
- Current First Aid Certificate – an asset will train
- Computer literate and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Criminal Record Check (current within 3 months of employment start date
- Cleaning experience an asset
Per week range between 25-40 F/T (average 36) 4 days per week
Operation hours– 16:30 – 0300 (flexibility)
Seasonal –Winter Only
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers