Silver Star Mountain Resort Ltd. operates a full range of resort activities for the guest, but is primarily a resort ski area. The brush-cutters are essential to the operation of ongoing development and maintaining exciting operations. Goals are to ensure the best quality brush (under brush) cut base and removal of unwanted nuisance brush, thus creating a safe and enjoyable winter product throughout the resort.
Chainsaw operators Responsibilities:
- Perform and record accurate records of daily maintenance and checks on equipment, (safety and power).
- Report all potential safety issues and equipment problems to Equipment Manager and Supervisors.
- Operate power equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Do not operate beyond abilities.
- Only operate power equipment that you are trained and have Supervisor approval to operate.
- Perform all assigned tasks within the guidelines and recommendations of OHS and Work-Safe BC. and B.C. Forest Safety Council.
- Manual labor is an essential part and duty on a daily basis.
- Compliance with Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Forests and Range regulations and Best Practices.
- Work within all guidelines of Fire Prevention and Protection Act
- Report to Equipment Manager/ Supervisor.
This is not a Faller or Slope Bucking position.
- The Power equipment operator must be safety oriented, mechanically inclined, physically fit, energetic and a self assured individual.
- The operator must be able to work well within a team, and must be able to work independently when required.
- The operator must be comfortable operating equipment on all terrain slopes and aspects of terrain in all weather conditions, keeping in mind that this a mountain atmosphere, and that extreme weather is encountered on a regular basis.
- The operator must be capable of accepting and following directions to perform tasks efficiently and safely.
- Training is supplied and required for this position.
- Qualifications are Wildfire Emergency Fire- fighter S100, Chain saw safety and handling, Road Safe, Level 1 First-aid is a minimum requirement for Supervisor/ lead Sawyer only.
- It is essential to crew safety that all members have an acceptable driver abstract for company vehicle operation.
The power equipment operator is required to work in all weather conditions, terrain can vary from gentle slopes too steep rough terrain. Foliage can vary from low ground level to tall dense brush. Company provided essential safety gear (eye/face protection, leg protection, hard hat/ hearing protection, hi-vis vest). It is the operator’s responsibility to ensure they are prepared for climate changes and provide appropriate gloves and footwear for tasks. All outer wear must comply with OHS and Work-Safe BC. Standards.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers