The Ice Technician responsibility is to provide a safe, accurate, professional service to guests and visitors at Silver Star Resort. You are also responsible for maintaining the skating pond which requires daily reporting to the manager on ice thickness and any safety concerns. You will be required to operate machinery to carry out this position and must have knowledge of pond technician.
Top three reasons to work as a Tube Town Ice Technician at SilverStar:
1. Flexibility: we will work with you to create a schedule the works for both the employee and SilverStar.
2. Growth: the opportunity to expand your skills and knowledge through training and development.
3. Safety: this has always been our top priority for both our employees and guests. Since the Pandemic we have updated our policies. Please check our Covid Health and Safety commitment link here
- Ice rink repairs
- Reporting on pond thickness/safety
- Advising supervisor and acting on safety issues
- Displaying appropriate signage whilst driving machinery
- Flooding pond (ie. Fire hose usage)
- Snow blowing pond with walk behind blowers and assorted machinery, for long periods of time
- Fire start/restocking throughout shift
- Zamboniing pond
- Ticket Checking/customer relations on pond
- Hockey Area designation
- Fencing/signage of pond and island
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to safely operate Zamboni, tractor and Quad’s
- Requires a good fitness level
- Minor maintenance on machinery may be required
- Daily logs of machinery and fuelling
- Must be able to communicate clearly in English
- Ability to shovel snow
- Effective communication skills to relate to guests and staff
- Ability to adhere to all safety policies
Per week range between 20-40 F/T
Operations hours can range from 6am till 12pm
Winter seasonal role
As our recruitment video says “Not your ordinary 9 to 5”. We look for applicants that share in our passion for the outdoors and will embrace all that SilverStar has to offer. SilverStar is part of the POWDR Group. POWDR is an Adventure Lifestyle Company® that is locally-focused and delivers soulful experiences because that’s what matters to our guests and communities. At SilverStar, we intend to Play Forever. We believe there is nothing better for the soul than to live a balanced life full of adventure, and we believe those in the future should have the same opportunities we have today. To make this happen, SilverStar is committed to doing all we can to protect the environment and enable participation in adventure.
If you care about the environment and are looking for a memorable, fun role that enhances people’s lives whilst having fun SilverStar is the place to be.
How to Apply for a job:
To apply for this career opportunity, please click here.
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate.
Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible for this position.See All Careers