It’s time to dig out the long skis, the race suit, your need for speed, and head to SilverStar Mountain Resort for the ‘39th Annual Over the Hill Downhill’. This incredibly fun and long running recreational downhill ski race pits individuals and teams of four against each other for the glory of being the fastest down the mountain. Teams are entered in a category based on the combined team age ranging from 65 to 225+ years.
Teams can be comprised of all male or all female; no longer 1 female per team required.
Team members can be as young as 10 years of age or as old as they come. No need to be on a team either. If you want to race on your own – no problem, individuals can race as well. Come to SilverStar this winter to experience the longest standing recreational downhill race in Canada
2020 Event Dates:
- February 4 - 7 – Over the Hill Downhill 1-4 Day Training Camps
- February 8 – Over the Hill Downhill Qualifying Day.
- February 9 – Over the Hill Downhill RACE DAY.
Friday, February 7th - REGISTRATION
- 4:00pm – 6:00pm Bib Pick-up and Registration – National Altitude Training Centre (NATC)
Saturday, February 8th - QUALIFYING DAY
- 7:30 am Course Worker Check-in – Vernon Ski Club (VSC) Cabin
- 7:30am – 9:00am Bib Pick-up and Waiver Signing – National Altitude Training Centre (NATC)
- 8:00am Comet Early Load
- 8:30am Additional Course control and volunteers check-in
- 9:00am – 10:30am Course Inspection (last entry 10:00am)
- 9:50am All course workers and course control volunteers meet at top of Far-Out
- 9:55am Mandatory Safety Meeting for all volunteers
- 10:20am All course control in place
- 10:30am – 10:45am Forerunners
- 10:30am – 10:45am Qualifying run (everyone must have at least one complete run down the track)
- 12:00pm – 2:45pm Lunch Break
- 12:15pm – 2:45pm Continuation of Qualifying Runs
- 2:50pm Course Closed
- 3:15pm Last Ride up Comet
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm Bibs for Beers - Return your race bib at The Red Antler for a free beer -- qualifying day video will be shown
Sunday, February 9th - RACE DAY
- 7:30am Course Workers meet at VSC Club Cabin
- 8:00am Bib pick-up NATC Team Room/ Comet early load
- 8:30am Remaining Course Control and Volunteers at VSC Club Cabin
- 8:30am – 9:30am Course Inspection (Last entry 9:15am)
- 9:05am All volunteers at the top of the course: Mandatory Safety Meeting
- 9:35am All Course Control in place
- 9:45am – 10:00am Forerunners
- 10:00am Race 1: Over the Hill Downhill (team event)
- 12:00pm Race 2: Race #2 Master
- 1:30pm Course Tear-down
- 3:15pm Last ride up the Comet 6-pack
- 4:30pm Cocktails, Buffet Dinner, Race Video and Awards – Town Hall
|Race + Dinner||$130|
|Race + Master's Race add-on||$150|
|Race + Master's Race add-on + Dinner||$185|
|Extra Dinner Tickets||$35|
Things to note
- Prices do not include tax
- Alpine skiing only
- Ski helmets mandatory
- Rentals and lift are not included in the price
- Photography of the event is made available after the event
- Observers cannot walk to the race. They must ski to the side of the course to watch racers.
- Dinner is served banquet style
- Lift tickets are required to participate in the race
- Master's Race is 35+ in age.
- Neither the main race nor the master's race require a FIS card or BC Alpine Membership.
- Participants wanting to race in Masters Race must book both the Race and the Masters Race
Book Now for availability as rooms are filling fast.
Call or email for availability
Take part in 1, 2, 3 or 4 days of our Over the Hill Downhill training camps. If you are competing in the Over the Hill Downhill event, this camp will give you a leg up on the competition. Meet other competitors, receive expert coaching and have a fantastic experience at the same time.
We’re pleased to welcome back Rob Boyd to our coaching team again this year for our OTHDH Speed Camps. Rob was a former National Ski Team member from 1985-1997, winner of 3 World Cup DownHill races, 6 top three finishes, and numerous top 15 placings. A 3 time Olympian and Vernon local, Rob used the same track we use today to help hone his speed skills and participated in many early OTH races.
Join Rob Boyd, Gord and Grant Brown along with a number of other highly qualified coaches to fill your need for speed. Sign-up now.