Buy winter tires from Kal Tire for your chance to WIN a BC Ski Getaway!
Have you ever dreamed of a one-of-a-kind winter vacation? Well, your dream could come true. SilverStar Mountain Resort along with Kal Tire is giving away a Ski Getaway valued up to $5,000 CAD. You could win a five-night stay at the largest mountain in the Okanagan. And it doesn't stop there, the package includes airfare from select Western Canadian cities, lift tickets, rentals, as well as fun activities with SilverStars exclusive "One Pass". All you have to do is purchase any set of passenger vehicle winter tires from Kal Tire and enter online using the entry form below.
Already purchased winter tires at Kal? You're ready to enter! Simply fill in your details below for your chance to win!
The lucky winner will be announced on December 7, 2019. Valid for travel between: Sunday March 1st, 2020 – to end of the 2019/20 Winter Season. Terms and conditions apply.
How to enter the contest
FILL IN the online entry form during the contest period.
Terms and Conditions
Kal Tire BC Ski Getaway 2019
CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
(the “CONTEST RULES”)
- The Kal Tire “BC Ski Getaway” Contest (the “Contest”) starts on October 29, 2019 at 12:01 AM Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and closes on December, 7 2019 at 11:59 PM PST (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Sponsor and administrator is Kal Tire (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). Kal Tire is located at 1540 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, British Columbia, V1T 6N6.
- Eligibility: To enter and to be eligible to win, a person must be a legal resident of Canada and be 19 years or older at the time of entry into the Contest. Employees, agents and representatives of Kal Tire, its partners and associates (including any commercial account or fleet account members), its advertising or promotional agencies and their immediate family members or persons with whom they are domiciled (whether related or not), are not eligible to enter or win a prize. “Immediate family member” means parents, sisters, brothers, children, husband and wife.
A “Contest Entrant” is an eligible person who has entered the Contest as described in Sections 4(a) and (b) herein.
- Contest overview: The Contest is composed of one (1) randomly drawn winner.
- How to enter the contest :
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
a) Online entry:
To enter the Contest, the Contest Entrant must purchase a qualifying set of four (4) Winter Tires and complete the online entry form with all the required pieces of information including Kal Tire invoice number.
b) Manual entry:
To manually enter the Contest without a purchase, the Contest Entrant must send a letter requesting entry to the Contest to “Kal Tire BC Ski Getaway Contest Entry,” 1540 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, British Columbia V1T 6N6. To be considered valid all letters must be post marked during the Contest Period. The Contest Entrant will receive one (1) entry into the prize draw.
There is a limit of one (1) entry into the Contest per person during the Contest Period.
To obtain information concerning the participating Kal Tire stores, the Contest Entrant may visit kaltire.com to see a full list of Canadian locations. Any Contest Entrant agrees that he/she assumes payment of their wireless carrier’s standard data plan fees if entering the Contest on a mobile device, or any Internet access fees if entering the Contest from a laptop, tablet or desktop computer. Internet access is available free of charge at most public libraries, universities and Internet cafés.
- The awarding of the prizes:
All dollar amounts contained in these Contest Rules are denominated in Canadian Dollars.
One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded to one (1) eligible Contest Entrant who will be randomly selected from a manual or electronic draw. If, for any reason, the Grand Prize remains unselected at the end of the Contest Period, the Contest Sponsor may proceed to draw another entry or entries from the remaining eligible entries received, or elect not to award the applicable prize in this part of the Contest. If for any reason a prize is awarded to an ineligible Contest Entrant, the Contest Sponsor may proceed to draw another entry from the remaining eligible entries received, or elect not to award the applicable prize in this part of the Contest. No additional entries can be made for the Grand Prize.
There is one (1) Grand Prize available that could be won within the Contest Period, consisting of:
5 nights of lodging and 5 days of skiing for two (2) people. Value up to $5000 Cdn, in accordance with the following:
- Must be used in month of March, 2020
- Airport transfer from YLW
- Ski or snowboard rentals for two (2)
- Airfare with airline of SSMR’s choosing for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion).
Prize has no cash value, is not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
Entry Cut-off Dates & Times
Draw Dates & Place
One (1) eligible Contest Entrant will be awarded a Silver Star Mountain Resort vacation for two (2) people. Includes, airfare, transportation, accommodations, lift passes and ski or snowboard rentals Value up to $5000 Cdn.
11:59:59 PM PST, December 7, 2019
Friday, December 7, 2019, in Vernon, British Columbia at Kal Tire
Selected Contest Entrant will be informed by telephone number or email address within two (2) weeks of the Prize draw. Prize must be claimed from the Contest Sponsor before December 23, 2019.
Before being declared a confirmed prize winner, the Prize winner must (a) first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, without mechanical or other aid; (b) sign and return within ten (10) business days of receipt, a standard release (the “Release”), which (among other things): (i) acknowledges and agrees to the publication, reproduction and/or other use of the winner’s name, address, voice, statements about the Contest and/or photograph or other likeness without further notice or compensation, in any publicity or advertisement carried out by or on behalf of the Contest Sponsor in any manner whatsoever, including print, broadcast or the internet.; (ii) confirms understanding, acceptance and compliance with these Contest Rules; (iii) confirms acceptance of the prize as awarded, and (iv) releases Kal Tire, the Contest Sponsor and any and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising or promotional agencies, prize providers, administrators, employees, agents, representatives and participating Kal Tire stores, (collectively, the “Released Parties” or “Releasees”) from any and all liability in connection with this Contest, his/her participation therein and/or the awarding and use/misuse of a prize or any portion thereof.
Attempts will be made to contact the selected Contest Entrant by phone or email provided within fourteen (14) days following the respective draw date to provide instructions on how to claim the prize, including details on the administration of the skill-testing question and the Release, and the selected Contest Entrant must be able to be reached within fourteen (14) days of the first attempt to make contact with him/her. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to deliver the prize in person to the selected winner in a formal ceremony if desired, provided this is at the selected winner’s convenience. In the event that a selected Contest Entrant cannot be contacted within the specified amount of time described above, is not eligible, does not correctly answer the mathematical skill-testing question within the time limit, does not sign and return the Release within the specified time, cannot accept the prize for any reason or does not otherwise comply with the Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify that selected Contest Entrant, in which case he/she will not receive any prize and shall forfeit all rights to the prize, and the Released Parties or Releasees shall be fully and completely released and discharged from any liability or responsibility in this regard. In such event, the Contest Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, randomly select an alternative entry from the remaining eligible entries and proceed with the selected winner notification and qualification procedure outlined above (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such new selected Contest Entrant).
For travel prize: Travel must take place in the month of March, 2020 or winner will forfeit the prize. Winner must book trip at least 21 days prior to departure. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be round trip. The Contest Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Travel must be from a major airport near winner’s home location. Travel to major airport is the sole responsibility of the winner and transfer costs will not be reimbursed by Contest Sponsor. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Contest Sponsor's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The Contract Sponsor is not responsible if any scheduled event is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason and winner will not be reimbursed for tickets. Tickets may be subject to issuer’s standard rain-check policies and procedures. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. Travel companion(s) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of prize documents. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize (if applicable), winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event.
- Odds of winning:
The odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible contest entries received for the draw prior to the cut-off date and time.
- Prize must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, for a prize of equal or greater value, for any reason including due to any component of the prize being unavailable or for any circumstances beyond its control. The refusal by a Contest Entrant to accept any prize or part of the prize releases and forever discharges the Contest Sponsor and its agents from all obligations related to the prize, including delivery.
- Contest Sponsor does not assume any responsibility for incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry information, technical malfunctions, human or technical error, seeding or printing errors, lost, delayed or garbled data or any combination thereof, including any damage to a Contest Entrant’s or any other person’s computer and to any cellular phone or other property related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials relating to this Contest. For greater certainty, the Contest Sponsor is not responsible if the telephone number given by a Contest Entrant is incorrect, disconnected or no longer in service, entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, for any reason, in the opinion of the Contest Sponsor, the administration, security, fairness, integrity or the proper conduct of the Contest is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond its control, the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion, reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or to amend these Contest Rules) without notice. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Contest Rules or otherwise in a disruptive manner, as determined by the Contest Sponsor in its sole discretion. The Contest Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Contest Sponsor, without notice to Contest Entrants individually.
- This Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law and is subject to all federal, provincial, territorial and municipal laws and regulations of Canada and of each province, territory and municipality of Canada, respectively. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provisions of these Contest Rules will not accept the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the end that any provision of the Contest Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions will remain in effect and will be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. The Contest Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Contest Rules will not constitute a waiver of that provision. When terms such as “may” are used in these Contest Rules, the Contest Sponsor has sole and absolute discretion.
- All entries are subject to verification at any time. The sole determinant of time for the purposes of valid entry in this Contest will be the Contest server(s).
- Contest Sponsor assumes no responsibility for lost, late, delayed, destroyed or misdirected mail. No correspondence will be entered into except with selected Contest Entrant(s) or as stated in the Contest Rules, or Contest Entrants requesting a copy of the Contest Rules. For a copy of the Contest Rules, send a request including a self-addressed stamped envelope bearing sufficient postage to: “Kal Tire BC Ski Getaway Contest Rules,” 1540 Kalamalka Lake Road, Vernon, British Columbia V1T 6N6.